Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Ultimate Graduation

"Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father's home. If that weren't so, would I have told you that I'm on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I'm taking."

Thomas said, "Master, we have no idea where you're going. How do you expect us to know the road?"

Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me."  John 14:1-6


We've had a lot of graduations this last week!  In fact, we attended four high school graduations.  In the midst of the celebrations of new beginnings, we had the loss of a dear friend.  He, too, had a graduation of his own, so to speak.  He crossed the threshold into God's presence and received his eternal diploma for a life with Him!  Oh the ultimate graduation of all!

What I loved about Rod was that he loved the Lord with all of his heart, mind, and soul.  He lived out his faith in all that he said and did. Everyone who knew Rod, knew the One whom Rod loved.

Rod knew that Jesus was the only way, the truth and the life.  He believed that with all that he was and was on a continual journey to get to know Him better.  In the school of faith, Rod was a perpetual student.  I'm sure that when he finally met Jesus face to face he heard "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Graduations are an important time to celebrate the work accomplished, the knowledge we've attained, and the future ahead. Though Rod is already greatly missed, we celebrate his commencement heavenward!

So, as I pray for my babies today, I pray that they have a faith like Rod's, and know that their ultimate graduation is secure by just knowing and believing the One who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Congratulations, Rod!  Enjoy Jesus!

Lord, my heart rejoices in the fact that you are the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one can come to You without faith and belief in Jesus Christ. I pray that Alyssa and Kyle come to have a relationship with you, much like the one Rod had with you.  You shined in the things that Rod would say and do, and you transformed his life so that it reflected your presence in all his coming and goings.  Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle have that kind of relationship with you.  As they grow may they continue to learn about you, live for you, and worship you as their God and Savior!  Thank you for the opportunity we have to be your child, forever and always!

 

No comments: