Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday: A Day of Rejoicing

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice." 1 Chronicles 16:10


  • Our church approved hiring an Associate Pastor to begin July 15.
  • Kyle pitched in last Saturdays game and got 3 outs in 3 pitches!  What a smile he (and his dad) had coming off the field!
  • We attended a beautiful wedding where God's presence was truly felt.
  • Lyss is cleaning her room, preparing for college and working on thank you cards.  Whew.
  • The weather has been delightful.  As I sit outside on my patio, I'm reminded to be thankful for God's creation and my home.
  • Lyss had pink-eye, and with a nice little expensive bottle of antibiotics, her eyes turned to a normal color and she's back in good health.
  • VBS is in full swing at our church and I love watching our church family work together to pull of such an amazing ministry.  It feels weird, I have to admit, to not be a part of it this year, but I can see how much the kids are loving their week!
Lord, I love that you are such a constant presence in our lives.  You're continually moving, leading, guiding and changing your children.  I rejoice in you, my Savior!  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle can begin to see the ways you are active in their lives, and find that their hearts are full of praise and thanksgiving.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for each gift from you!

 

No comments: