Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: God's Deep Love


Today I am thankful for God's deep love. Oh how He loves me, and oh how He loves my children. I pray that they come to know and live in the amazing truth of that fact. Sometimes the love of others is fickle, and it comes and goes based on whether we are "good enough" or not, but God's love is unconditional, everlasting, and beyond abundant.

How sweet the love of God is!

“I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.”
--Isaiah 49:16

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.” --Jeremiah 31:3

“I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” --Ephesians 3:17-19

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” --John 3:16

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” --1 John 3:1

“The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” -- Galatians 2:20

Precious Father, what an amazing thought that you love us this much. You gave up your Son on our behalf, so that we might find eternal life with you. I pray, that my children will be rooted in your love, and that they may have the power to grasp how wide, how long, how high and how deep you love for them is. When they feel unloved, I pray that they can find the truths written in God's Word that speak volumes of love. When friends walk away, or don't act in love, I pray that they can lean on a Savior that will never turn His back on them, nor remove His love for them. May your promises live in their hearts and minds, forever and ever. Thank you, Lord, for your deep, deep love.

 

No comments: