Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stumbling Blocks

"For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living."  Psalm 116:8-9


Kyle #12 (2010)

Sometimes there are big things in the middle of our path that trips us up.  And sometimes we can trip over our own two front feet.  I am proof  that you can get really hurt, just by a slip of a foot.  Four years ago, I lived on crutches and a brace for a couple of months because of one misstep.

There are a lot of things in life that will try to trip up our children.  The enemy wants to keep them from a life of peace, happiness, and fullness in Christ.  Everyone's stumbling blocks are different.  Some are out in the open for them to see.  And some sneak up on us while we are unaware.

I am praying that my children's feet stand firm, and walk confidently down the narrow path God has chosen for them, skipping over the stumbling blocks placed in their path.  Holy Spirit, lead and guide them in the way they should go.

Lord, thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit, and that you lead us, alert us, and protect us from the stumbling blocks in our path.  I pray that you deliver our children's soul from death, their eyes from tears, and their feet from stumbling.  Protect them, dear Jesus, from the stumbling blocks that the enemy uses, and places in their path, to keep them from you.  Help their eyes see clearly the things that aren't pleasing to you.  Remove the attraction to evil, that which is unholy, and all that keeps them from your presence.  Lord, put a hedge of protection around their eyes, ears, hands, and their heart, mind and soul.  Create in them a clean heart, and renew a right spirit in them.  Amen. 
 

No comments: