Friday, March 9, 2012

The Few Too Many F's

 An old picture of me working the elections...

I'm fried.
I'm frazzled.
I'm flabbergasted.

It's election time, and I've been a workin' mom these last two weeks.  I've probably written a similar blog sometime over the last couple of years, but today was just enough to push me over the edge, and somehow deserves a post.  Good thing today is Friday and the end of a two week stint in the world of politics.

I've helped people who are
furious,
fickle,
and
flippant.

Some of their concerns and frustrations are reasonable, but I find that the way they "lash out" isn't in anyway kind, productive, and needed. How we treat each other, even in our anger, is so important, by golly! 

So, today, I'm praying for our kids responses in situations where they are tempted to let out their
frustrations,
fault-findings,
and,
fears.

"Complain if you must, but don't lash out."  Psalm 4:4 

(And maybe someone should pray for me!)

 Lord, help Alyssa and Kyle not to sin in their anger.  If complaining is a must, I pray that they keep from lashing out to others in a way that crushes spirits, fuels bitterness, and compromises resolution and being heard.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to not think more highly of themselves than they ought, but consider the feelings and thoughts of others in each and every encounter.  May they show the kindness of Christ to all they meet.

 

No comments: