Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Big Successes!

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.  Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom."  Psalm 145:2-3

 Photo by Lyss



Praising God for so many things today.  In fact, I'm bouncing up and down and beaming with pride.  God is sooooo good!
  • Lyss got word this week that she won the two scholarships that she went to Oregon to interview for a couple of weekends ago!!!  The pride on her face, and the joy in her voice, when she received word was priceless.  We are just thanking the Lord for her success and His provision.
  •  Last weekend Kyle had his first tryouts for the high school baseball team.  What a great honor it is for him to be a freshman and picked for the JV baseball team.  He is one of three freshman who made it.  On top of that, it appears that he will have the opportunity to practice and fill-in for the short-stop on the Varsity team.  Kyle is pretty humble when talking about all of this, so he doesn't quite show the same pride and joy as Lyss did with her scholarships, but I can tell that he's thrilled for this opportunity.  More thanks goes to the Lord for sure!
There's more, but nothing tops these this week! I'm so proud of both of my kids!

Lord, today I will praise you and every day I will extol your name for ever and ever.  Great are you Lord and most worthy of praise; your greatness no one can fathom!  Thank you for these abundant blessings!  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know that it was by your hand that they found success and blessing.  Make their hearts eager to give thanks, and may they too praise you every day!  I love you, dear Jesus! 

 

No comments: