Thursday, March 15, 2012

Standing in Praise

"... stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at evening" 1 Chronicles 23:30


I'm standing (though a bit on the tired side) this morning to give God praise and thanks for His part in our lives over the last week!
  • I survived working full time for two weeks in he election office, and a 15 hour day yesterday running a poling place.  My family did a good job at picking up the slack here and there, taking care of some of their own needs, and supporting me on this adventure. I'm thinking they really didn't miss me at all.  :) 
  • Kyle had his first two JV baseball games.  They lost, but it was still a delight to watch him play.  he's a "stud" at short-stop!  Not to brag or anything, but he's getting the opportunity to play on the Varsity team tonight! As a freshman, that is quite the honor.  We're just praying it doesn't get rained out. 
  • It reminds me to be thankful for the under-armour my dear hubby surprised me with.  Can I hear a big "Amen!"?  His thoughtfulness warms my heart!  
  • Lyss got her financial aid package from George Fox.  Though I don't understand all the lingo, I get the impression it's pretty good.  God has been faithful to provide a big chunk with scholarships and grants.  
  • We popped in on the Bible Quiz meet that was in our area last Saturday.  I loved watching Lyss and her team spout off scripture and answers from the Word, and have fun doing it.  We even got to peek in on my niece and watch her do her quizzing thing.  We were only there for a short moment, but I was blessed by stopping in.  
  • A couple of spring like days made me ready for the real thing.  Thanking the Lord for the sunshine and warmth! 
  • I have to say that I was blessed by a few friends this week.  A sweet email of encouragement and prayer from one, the humor and laughter of another, and the coffee getaway in there too.  God uses these little moments to provide things that speak love to my heart.
Oh Lord, I stand this morning to thank and praise you!  Thank you for the many ways you show your love to our family.  My heart is full and I am in awe of of you!  Amen.
 

No comments: