Thursday, January 12, 2012

An UN-derstatement

"Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”  1 Peter 5:5

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.  ~Author unknown

We are in this lovely stage of life called
T-E-E-N-A-G-E-R-S.
Need I say more?

As parents we are...
Uncool.
Unlovely.
Unacceptable.
Unadmired.
Unappealing.
Unbalanced.
Unbrilliant.
Unimpressive.

   Un--
   Un--
   Un--

   Unappreciated.






You'll all want to tell me this is "normal", but I'm still going to pray UNabashedly for God to UNdoubtedly change the Unpleasantness of my little UNderaged adults.

Just in case you're wondering, please understand, I still do love them UNconditionally, forever and always. 

Lord, I do thank you for my lovely teenagers.  I love Alyssa and Kyle with all of my heart.  But still I ask that you be abundantly involved in molding and leading them into being full of kindness and humility. Remove the impatience, irritability, pride and immaturity that mark this age.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to clothe themselves with humility toward others in their lives.  Thank you, Lord, for always moving in our kids lives, and making them into what you want them to be.

No comments: