Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today's Lesson Plan

"Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.1 Thessalonians 4:9

 Brother and Sister (1999)

Oh my children know how to push each others buttons.  They are pretty well trained at picking on/at each other, teasing, criticizing, and arousing every possible negative emotion in their sibling.  And it being Christmas break and all, I am keenly aware that the "natives are getting restless"...especially with each other.

Though I have used many of my own words in the last day or two about how they need to practice the art of "loving one another", I'm thinking it's time for God to move in and do His own teaching! 

Brotherly love is on the lesson plan today!

Lord, I pray that you teach Alyssa and Kyle a thing or two about loving each other.  May your Spirit fill both of them and prod them to speak with kindness, compassion and humility.  Remind them to love one another, deeply from the heart, as you have loved them.  This kind of love comes from you, Father, and everyone who loves has been born of you and knows you.  This is your command and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle live out this command in their lives.

No comments: