Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Praying Scripture: Philippians 1

 My Precious Babies

Dear Lord Jesus,

Every time Alyssa and Kyle cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to you God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for Alyssa and Kyle with a glad heart. I am so pleased that they have continued on believing and proclaiming God's Message. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that you, God, who started this great work in Alyssa and Kyle will keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day until Christ Jesus appears. 

So this is my prayer: that Alyssa and Kyle's love will flourish and that they will not only love much but well. May Alyssa and Kyle learn to love appropriately. They need to use their head and test their feelings so that their love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. My prayer is that Alyssa and Kyle live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life you, Jesus, will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making you attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of you. 

Amen.

Philippians 1:3-6, 9-11

No comments: