Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Sabbath-Rest

"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience."  Hebrews 4:9-11

This past weekend the boys and I took a Sabbath-rest. Though it is Thursday, I am still giving God thanks for the wonderful time away.

I sat in the motel and read a book (yes, the entire thing from beginning to end)...



 and did my James Bible study, drank coffee, and watched a movie.


All the while my boys were out in the blustery cold fishing their hearts away.

 
They say they were huddling here around a heater (picture below)...


...I say they looked kind of cold.


Either way, I think we all rejoiced in God's beautiful creation and the time of rest.

(Too bad we ended the weekend with a flu-bug.)

Lord, thank you for the time of Sabbath-rest.  My heart moves to worship you as I gaze on your creation and spend time recognizing your presence.  The beauty I see outdoors reflects your power, creativity and love for your children.  As we rest, as you call us to, we are strengthened, encouraged, and rejuvenated to do the work you've called us too.  Thank you for the reminders over and over this weekend that you are with us and that  I am loved.

 

No comments: