Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Abundant Goodness

They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
    and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
    and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
 --Psalm 145:6-7



I just need to tell of God's awesome work in our lives this week.  The list is just a summary and I feel like I could go on and on, but it just proves that God is so good!
  • We had 2 days with Lyssa and the rest of my family and it was just what I needed! 
  • I loved Lyssa's surprised look on her face when she heard Kyle's voice for the first time in two months (yep, his voice has been deepening!).
  • Our family participated in a Thanksgiving morning 5k.  A few walked and the crazy ones ran.  It was the only day of sunshine while we were there in Oregon.  Now that's a God-thing!
  • I was blessed with a fun birthday celebration with my family. I felt abundantly spoiled and loved!  Friends also topped it off with cards, coffee, chocolate and so much thoughtfulness.  And boy did my hubby do it up good.  I never would have guessed such a lavish gift.  I'm a spoiled girl for sure.
  • As we traveled to and from Oregon, I was in awe of God's beautiful creation, thankful for clear roads, and enjoyed the time to read.
  • I've been preparing to host a weekend full of meetings and my church family has been so amazing at helping provide food and housing.  I love watching the church family work together! I couldn't have pulled off this weekend without them!
Oh such abundant goodness!

Lord, I want to praise you for the power of your awesome works, and proclaim your great deeds.
What a delight it is to celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.  God you are so good and I can't help but revel in the many ways you have blessed our lives....or blessed MY life!  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle recognize your goodness in their lives as well.  Open their eyes that may be aware of your presence, provision and blessing, and move their lips to give you thanks!  You are actively present in their lives and may they see you clearly.  Thank you, precious Savior, for your abundant goodness to our family!

 

No comments: