Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Servants of the Gospel

"I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power."  Ephesians 3:7

No heads in the sand here (2004)

 I often wonder what my kids will be when they grow up.  As they get older I am getting closer and closer to finding out.  

When Alyssa and Kyle were little there was talk of being a paleontologist, a professional baseball player, a McDonald's worker, a dentist, and a zoologist.  These careers were always based on their current passion or interest, or what made a lot of money.  

As I reflected on Ephesians 3:7 yesterday, I was drawn to the first part of the verse that said "I became a servant of this gospel."  My prayer is that Alyssa and Kyle find a passion for life, using the talents and gifts God has given them, all the while choosing also to be a "servant of this gospel.  

I also like how the Contemporary English Version says it:  "God treated me with kindness. His power worked in me, and it became my job to spread the good news." 

Who knows what our kids will be doing in 10 years?
A photographer?
A baseball player?
Or even a McDonalds worker (Though I'm praying for something better!)?

Whatever it is, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle are servants of our Lord Jesus Christ, passing on the Good News and telling others about Him!

Lord, I pray that this is Alyssa and Kyle's life work: helping people understand and respond to your Message.  Open their hearts and minds, sweet Jesus, to know and recognize all the ways you have treated them with kindness, and because of that awareness, they will go out and pass on the good news to others.  You change people, you give salvation freely, and forgiveness flows in giant quantities.  May Alyssa and Kyle know that in personal ways and always choose to be servants of this gospel.  Oh the delight it will be to watch and see!

 

No comments: