Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finding True Joy

“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."  John 5:24

 Cousins (2007)

There are a lot of things in this world that reach out and grab my kids attention.  Today alone I was aware of my sons interest in music, friends, working out, movies, texting, video games, Sports Illustrated, cool clothes, and everything in between.   Everything is loud, bright, exciting, and brings "fun".  To every teenager this is happiness. 

I don't want my kids to be fooled though. Temporary things disappear and will leave behind an emptiness that cannot be filled by anything or anyone but a Savior. 

Hearing the Word and believing in God will bring true life.  Despite the glitter and glam of this world, I pray that our babies fall in love with Jesus and find where real joy comes from!

Lord, I pray that Alyssa an Kyle know the real truth; that as they hear your word and believe in you they will have eternal life and not experience condemnation.  You offer our children the opportunity to cross over from death to life.  Bind the thief from coming into their lives to steal and kill and destroy; and may they have life, and have it to the full.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know how much you truly love them and find an everlasting joy that comes from living life with you.  Oh Father, I am on my knees in surrender and prayer begging for our children's eternal life.

 

No comments: