Saturday, November 10, 2012

Salvation Saturday

Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.  Psalm 34:5


Oh the joy of Saturdays.  The love is so much deeper after spending the weekdays working!  So today our family is "vacationing" away from home.  The boys are out fishing and I'll be enjoying my book and the quiet of our motel room.  I'm praying for God's refreshing spirit to fall on our family!

While I worked these last few weeks, I came face to face with thousands of people.  Some I chatted with, and others I just watched.  Just by looking at their face I could see those who were happy, and at peace and full of joy. Then there were others that just looked hard, roughed-up by life, unhappy, angry, lonely, and even lost.  So many looked like they just needed Jesus in their life. 

He brings joy.
He gives life.
He produces peace.
He offers hope.
He showers grace.
He provides salvation.
He loves abundantly.
He forgives instantly.
He delights in us!

Knowing Him changes us.  Our lives may not be void of hard things, yet we can face each day knowing the One who holds our future...and it changes our face.

I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know Jesus so intimately that it is seen on their faces. 

Lord, you love this world so much that you gave your one and only Son that we might have eternal life, abundant life, and joy everlasting.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle believe in you, precious Savior.  I pray that they know the truth of your forgiveness, the joy of your salvation, and the hope that comes as they walk daily with you.  Because of you, our children's faces never have to be covered in shame.  Oh may it be so!  Thank you, dear Jesus!

No comments: