Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday

 

"My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long."  Psalm 71:8









There's been so much going on in our lives this week.  Spring is always a busy season.  I guess it just give us more reasons to praise God!
  • Beth Moore came to Boise...and I was there with 73 friends/Friends!  And Beth gave our group a shout-out!  What a delight to hear her preach God's Word to a room full of 5,000+ women!
  • Friends of ours celebrated 40 years of marriage!  What a great example to the rest of us.  God is good!
  • A dear friend died this week and Tuesday we took some time to give God praise for his life.  Rod was a beautiful picture of a true Christ-follower,  The service really gave tribute to his faith, his discipline, and his passion for Jesus,  Though Rod will be greatly missed, I'm sure he is reveling in Who he is hanging with now! 
  • Kyle took one of the first steps into adulthood and got his drivers license.  I think he is excited to fly and experience a little bit of freedom.  My taxi-driving days are over.  Weird.
  • Graduation is coming and the celebration and recognitions are arriving.  Our mailbox has been holding some thoughtful and generous congratulations.  I'm in awe of the kindness and love of our friends and family.  Lyss is excited about her big day and wrapped up the last of her tests yesterday.  High school is coming to a close.  
All day long I find reason to declare His splendor.  My mouth is continually filled with praise!  What a mighty God we serve!

Lord, oh my Lord, you are such a good God.  Thank you for being with our family this week.  You've brought us through and we have much to give you praise for.  You are the giver of life, the provider of strength and the supplier of all comfort and blessing.  We declare your splendor, dear Savior!



 

No comments: