Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Spirit Rejoices

“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior..."  Luke 1:46-47

 Photo taken by Lyssa (2012)
  • Lyss turned 18 on Saturday and we had a great birthday celebration!  I love watching my daughter grow into a beautiful and strong adult.
  • Sunday, I was surprised with a video that was put together celebrating 16 years of Vacation Bible Schools that I have directed.  It was so overwhelming to watch pictures of so many precious kids, and the fun they were having attending VBS, and then how some of them in later pictures were seen all grown up and helping other kids have a memorable experience at VBS.  I have to admit I cried in both church services and was extremely touched by the thoughtfulness of such a gesture.
  • My two kids spent some time together this weekend and actually looked like they enjoyed each others company.  Them together, laughing, brings my heart much joy.
  • I was delighted to watch Kyle have the courage to talk to a teacher, without any parental prompting, about grade in one of his classes.  He's moved his grades from 2 B's and 4 A's, to 1 B and 5 A's.  He's mighty close to a 4.0 GPA. I'm proud of the job he's done in his freshman year of high school.
  • Lyss gave her Senior Presentation and felt confident of the job she did!  Thinking about her being so shy that she couldn't talk to her kindergarten teacher, to having to stand in front of a panel of 6 teachers, and the high school student body, just amazes me at God's faithfulness in Lyssa's life!  

God has been blessing in so many ways!  I just could keep on recounting all the ways I have seen Him at work.  My spirit rejoices, and all that is within in me, praises His name!


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!"  Psalm 103:1


 

No comments: