Monday, May 21, 2012

Many Hats

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails".  Proverbs 19:21


It's common in life to wear many hats.  Maybe not exactly like shown in the picture (and,  yes, all of those are Kyle's hats!), but in the roles we play and the ways we serve our God.

For instance, I am a mom, wife, friend, daughter, pastor's wife, Bible study teacher., worship leader, etc...and sometimes I'm those things all on the same day.

Some hats are more becoming than others because God has gifted me in particular ways.

"In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well."  Romans 12:6 (The Message) 

As my kids grow, they too will have many hats to wear, but I pray that they find the ones that fit them best, and wear them well!


Lord, thank you for the different gifts you have given Alyssa and Kyle.  In life, they will have many opportunities to use their gifts and I pray that they use then well.  They will also be given tasks, assignments, and opportunities for leadership that stretch them and take them outside of their giftings.  In each role, dear Jesus, I pray that you strengthen Alyssa and Kyle, give them your wisdom, and help them find success and joy in what they are doing.  May they revel in the gifts you have given them, and use them well for the glory of your kingdom!


 

No comments: