Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Staring in Awe

 Far and wide 
they'll come to a stop,
      they'll stare in awe,
 in wonder.
   Dawn and dusk
 take turns calling, 
"Come and worship." 
--Psalm 65:8 (The Message) 






Staring in awe...
  • Spring flowers.
  • Sunshine and warm afternoons.
  • Election work complete.
  • Prom fun.
  • Beautiful daughter.
  • Pinochle night (and winning).
  • Mother's Day moments.
  • Spectacular coffee maker.
  • New life in Christ.
  • Passed driving test.
  • Good grades.
  • Notes of encouragement.
  • Coffee with a friend.
  • Graduation preparations.
  • College beginnings.

Oh Lord, I come to a stop today, and stare in awe and wonder, at the many ways I've seen your hand of blessing on our lives this week.  I see you in the beauty of your creation, and it calls to my heart, "come and worship".  I also see you in my children's lives, and every day I stand in awe at your activity and blessing, and I can't help but give you thanks and praise for your place in our lives.  Lord, thank you for not being a God that is silent, unavailable, and unreachable.  You are so good and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know that full well!

 

No comments: