Friday, November 11, 2011

Walking with Friends

"And Saul’s son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God."  1 Samuel 23:16

 

I'm thankful today for those who walk alongside me in my journey as wife, mother, and follower of Christ.  There are so many who encourage me, teach me, and stretch me to be better all areas of my life.

I pray that my children find lifelong friends who bring them great delight and joy, and push them to grow in their faith.  Friends who speak God's truth into their lives, always show grace and forgiveness, and spur them on towards good deeds. Partners on our journey of faith is one of the greatest treasures of life.

We can live this life on our own, but it's so much sweeter walking it with friends.

Lord, I love your presence in my life.  With you I find great encouragement, hope, strength, and joy.  You are my God, and I love you.  Thank you for blessing me with friends who walk beside me on this journey, and help me strive to be a better wife, mother, and child of God.  My heart is full of gratitude.  Fill our children's lives with friends who will do the same for them; friends who will encourage them to draw closer to you, who will speak truth in love, and be with them through the thick and thin.  Lord, you give us special people who enrich our lives in beautiful ways.  Thank you for such a sweet gift.
 

No comments: