Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ready or Not!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."  Jeremiah 29:11-13


Our girl is filling out college applications.

(Am I ready for this?)

She's taken the SAT and ACT.

The senior pictures are done.

And yesterday, she brought home the order form for her cap and gown and graduation announcements.

(I really don't think I'm ready for this.)

As Lyss heads into these new adventures around the corner, I'm praying that she waits on the Lord and allows Him to direct her steps.

(And that I have the strength to handle it all!)

Oh Lord, direct Alyssa's steps and guide her down the paths you have planned for her life.  Show her the ways she should go, and give her success in all that she does.  Thank you, Lord, that the plans you have for her are good and are to give her a future and a hope.  When Alyssa prays, may she believe with her heart that you will listen, and know that when she looks for you wholeheartedly, she will find you.  Watch over our dear girl, in her comings and goings, and forever guide her towards good things.  Thank you, dear Jesus!

No comments: