Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Seeing Jesus Clearly

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."  Proverbs 8:17


I love this picture of Kyle and Grammy. I love Kyle's blonde, blonde hair, his little legs, that curled up hand and puckered lip, and his little man outfit.  So cute he was!  I also love the intense look on his face as he tries to peer out the binoculars to the beautiful ocean.

I think this happened to be the same day that Ken was intently looking out his own binoculars, and didn't realize that there were seagulls flying overhead, until...

You guessed it!  He was marked by a wonderful shower of seagull poop.  Oh the smell!  It's a day we'll never let him live down, that's for sure!

We all took turns looking through the binoculars that day, hoping to focus on something awesome out in the great mass of water (and none of the rest of us experienced the seagull shower!).  It's amazing how those things work, allowing us to see things that we wouldn't normally be able to see with our naked eye.  They magnify in such a way that you can see such intricate details, and the beautiful design of God's creation.

God's Word is like that!  It shows us clearly, when we choose to take a look, the God who loves His children.  It helps us to see an accurate and beautiful picture of God's plan for this world.  How can we help but not fall deeper in love with Him, when we get to know Him more?

Seek Him through His Word, my precious children, and you WILL find Him!

Lord, what a promise that your children can hold onto!  When we seek you, you will not remain hidden from us, but we are guaranteed that we will find you!  What a gift that is to hold onto.  Your Word is like a telescope, and when we look into it, you become magnified and we can see you more clearly.  Every intimate detail of your plan from the beginning of time, and how you love your children, and provide a way for us to draw near to you, can be found within the pages of Scripture.  We just need to be willing to take a look, and fix our eyes on you.  Lord, I pray that my children fall in love with You and Your Word, and choose daily to dig deep and seek you with all their hearts.  Within those moments I pray that Alyssa and Kyle find the great treasures you have just for them, and they find you in beautiful, life-changing, and fulfilling ways.

No comments: