Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Forever Friend


 "And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend."  James 2:23

"Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house..."  Job 29:4

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  John 15:13


God is the greatest friend I, or my kids, could ever have.

He is completely trustworthy.
He is forever faithful.
He is abundantly generous.

He loves deeply.
He loves totally.
He loves forever.

He forgives.
He heals.
He teaches.

Oh how I long that Alyssa and Kyle have an intimate friendship with Him.  He'll always prove to be their forever best friend.

This is my greatest prayer.

Lord, you are this world's dearest friend, and you have made it so that we can have a personal and intimate relationship with you.  I pray, Father, that Alyssa and Kyle will chose to believe in you, revere you as the King of kings, and love you as one would love a friend.  They need to know that they are loved unconditionally, accepted totally, and forgiven always.  Lord, I pray that they know you as their best friend.  

No comments: