Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday: He Quiets Me

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

It's been a crazy time in our lives, and as I sat in the dark of the morning recently, God reminded me of the above verse.  I'm thankful that when parenting gets overwhelming, circumstances feel out of control, and days long and busy, God will be with me and He will quiet me with His love. He is mighty to save.

I needed to be reminded of that.

Lord, thank you for speaking to me through your Word this week.   What blessed assurance to know that you are mighty to save!  Thank you for quieting me with your love, especially in the moments where all around me feels like chaos.  You, Lord, are my peace that passes all understanding.  You are my strength when I am weak.  You alone are my refuge and fortress.  Thank you, Lord, for being my God.

Here is one of the "exciting" things that happened this week...



Kyle broke his wrist sliding into home plate!  Yes, he was "out"...and is now "out" for the season.


No comments: