Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coming and Goings

"The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."  Psalm 121:8


Yesterday was Lyssa's first day driving to school.  I didn't realize how hard it would be to let her go.  I worry, fret and let my thoughts go places they shouldn't, and try instead to go to prayer until I get the required text that lets me know she arrived safely.  What peace that comes over me when my phone lets off a sound and I read the words "I'm here."

I think Lyss will enjoy the freedom that comes with driving, but for a while (or maybe forever) I'll pray that God watches over her coming and going. 

Lord, I am in awe that your eyes range throughout the earth and you watch over your children's comings and goings.  There's no better truth for a parent to hold onto.  Each day our children are gaining more and more independence and freedom, and our out of our reach to protect, guide and hold onto.  As Alyssa and Kyle are out and about, please keep watch over them.  Spread your hand of protection around them and cover them with your angels.  Go with them down every path, dear Jesus, and always be by their side.  You are their God, and you love them dearly, and for that I put my complete trust in you!


AND...

Happy Birthday to my dearest Mom! You are the most precious woman I know, and are who I daily am striving to become more like.  Oh how blessed I am that you're my mom...and my friend!

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be.

1 comment:

Joy said...

The text, "leaving" followed by "I'm here" are words that leave me praying and thankful every single time. Mel does this for us and I can look at the clock and know I should be getting a text any minute and then to have it beep - PTL!!! and when it doesn't, more time to pray! I remember when she was first driving, I'd "pray her to school" and home every time. I have a little break before Sky but not long...