Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Because

I love the Lord because he hears my voice
and my prayer for mercy.  --Psalm 116:1



 I love the Lord because...
  • He fearfully and wonderfully made our children.
  • Alyssa shined bright on Senior Night for her varsity volleyball team, and we had a great cheering section from our church.  They made signs, brought gifts, and painted the windows on our van.  We were blessed.
  • Kyle started Drivers Ed.  I can't believe he's old enough?! Soon I will have two new drivers.  *gasp*
  • Alyssa finally took her SAT! Yeah.  I can't believe college is just around the corner.
  • Kyle is adjusting well to his new school.  I'm amazed by all his new friends!  Scary that some of them are girls!
  • Our Church Leader's Retreat was marked by tender worship, the Spirit's teaching and leading, and great affirmation of what He's been doing in our church over the last year.
  • I've attended four retreats this September, and in each one, I feel He had a word just for me.  I'm tired, but also blessed by His presence with me.  He's working on me! (I think I'm thankful...ha!)
I just love the Lord "because"!

I love you Lord because you are my Lord.  You hear my voice, and in so many unexpected ways, answer my prayers.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for the many ways you show us your love.  I revel in the ways you are showing yourself in our lives.  Thank you for the abundant blessings each day, your peaceful presence in the busyness, and your supernatural strength when things seem hard.  You are our God, and we are blessed beyond measure by your presence in our lives.


No comments: