Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Answered Prayer

On July 2, I wrote the following blog... I'll share how God answered this prayer below.  

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."  Ephesians 6:19-20


 Alyssa and her YCEW team going to Mexico...2010

Sometimes it's scary to think about telling someone else about Jesus Christ.  Even when it's the greatest news we could share with anyone!  Recently, as I trained the workers for our Vacation Bible School, I brought up how they might have the opportunity to personally lead one of those kids into accepting Jesus as their Savior.  All of a sudden I could sense fear in some of their eyes.  Mostly I think we fear what we would say,or if we would get it all right.

Yesterday I mentioned that Alyssa would be taking some prayer walks on her trip to Mexico, but something else she will get to do is sit in Bible studies with new believers, and with individuals who have yet to accept Christ as their Savior.  The members of her team have been asked to have their testimonies ready, so that when they have the chance they can share clearly who Jesus is in their life.

I'm praying that Alyssa will find great confidence and joy in sharing with others what Jesus means to her, and how He is God and can be God of their life too. Oh what a day of rejoicing that will be, when she can help lead someone into the most important relationship of their life!

"Evangelism" doesn't have to be a scary word, but for sure it can be a thrill!

Lord, you are the greatest One in our lives, and we should be shouting your name from the mountaintops, or wherever we go.  Our lips should always glorify your name, and our lives reflect your presence living in our lives, being a vibrant testimony of your awesomeness.  Lord, I pray that whenever Alyssa opens her mouth, words may be given to her so that she will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which she is an ambassador.  I pray that she may declare it fearlessly, as she should.  Lord, be her strength, confidence, and joy as she speaks of You to anyone you place in her path.  Lead her to people who need to know you.  Open their hearts that they may hear the message her team proclaims.  Lord, you long for every person to know you in a personal way.  Thank you for pursing them yourself, and also using us as your children to help them see you.  


God answered this prayer.  The following is an excerpt from the blog that is being written by the YCEW team as they are in Mexico.  This is what Lyssa wrote on July 12th...

Last night at the outreach event I had a really great experience. There were several performances like a mime by Favi, Mark, and Melynda, and some rap, and a few skits, there was a time that was opened up for everyone to go evangelize those who did not have a ribbon (that we were given at the beginning to say we were already saved). And Shreela just led Stevie and me over to a couple that was standing in the back. And Favi translated for us, and it turned out that they wanted to accept Christ. They had made that decision last night. And so the three of us prayed with them and it was a really awesome moment.   

God is sooooo good!

No comments: