Saturday, July 24, 2010

No One Left Behind

"That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left."  Matthew 24:39-41

Lyss with her buddies in Mexico...2010

The music was sweet to my ears as I laid down to sleep last night.  My family, soon to be nodding off, all together in one room for the first time in four weeks.  How sweet it is to have Lyssa back in our midst.  Everyone had questions about her missions trip to Mexico, and her with memories and stories (and dad's snoring), fill the air as we drifted off to sleep.

But it never fails...
Soon the conversation took a little twist, and brother and sister began comparing what "fun" things they did that the other did not.  I only sensed a little one-upping. Natural among siblings, yes? 

With each "activity", someone was left behind.  And it reminded me, that the greatest adventure of my kids life could be the one they choose to live with Jesus Christ.  Oh how I hope and pray, that each of them choose to stay close to the God we've taught them about, and live their lives journeying with Him. 

Then they will both have great joy in sharing the wonderful things God has done in their lives....and it will be sweet music to my ears.

Lord, the most exciting adventures in life come when we live our lives in sweet communion with you.  Oh, how I pray that my children don't miss out on that experience and blessing.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle choose to accept your salvation and live each day learning about you, serving you, and worshiping you.  There brings no greater joy.  When the day comes, and you are ready to take your children home with you, I pray that our children will not be left behind. 

No comments: