Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Blues

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand."  Psalm 73:23

Once upon a time (1997)

I was being sentimental recently as I thought about how my babies are no longer babies.

<<sniff-sniff>>

All of a sudden a memory flashed through my mind.of a conversation I had with Kyle over a book we were reading.  I wish I remembered what it was because it was a catalyst for a fun back-and-forth conversation over the next couple of years.  The book posed the thought that there would be one day when I would no longer be able to pick up my "little" boy.

<<sniff-sniff>>

Well, I haven't tried to pick Kyle up lately, but I'm pretty sure he's grown "too big" for a cuddle.  I mean, he's taller than me now for goodness sake! 

<<sniff-sniff>>

My babies are no longer babies!


Lyssa is away at college.

<<sniff-sniff>>

Then there is my little boy.
He's driving, looking for a job, and taking his SAT soon.

WOWZA!  Time is flying!

But I know God is watching over them, and when I can't pick them up, I can trust that He holds them in His hands!

Lord, I put my confidence and trust in your continual presence in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.  I know that when I can't pick them up when they fall, or comfort them when they hurt, or carry them through the storms of life, that you are with them and your right hand holds them.  There is nowhere that Alyssa and Kyle can go to avoid your Spirit, and no way they can flee from your presence,  You are always with them, and your hand will always guide them.  Today, if they need you to pick them up, I pray they will call on your name and wait expectantly for your strength and might to cradle them in their time of need.  Thank you, for my "babies", dear Jesus, and thank you for being there for them when I cannot.

 

No comments: