Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him
 and praise his name. 
--Psalm 100:4










Today, I'm heading up the mountain to attend our church's annual Women's Retreat.  It feels a little  like "entering his gates", and I will do so with thanksgiving.  So, before I go, I will give Him praise for His blessing over the past week, and say "good-bye" to you for a few days.

By the way, I was going to try to leave a daily prayer for while I was away, but getting all my stuff ready for retreat has taken more time than I expected.  I'd covet your prayers for the ladies of our church as we go to hang out with Jesus (and one another), and for my family as they survive without me.  Which, now that the kids are older, is really not too difficult of a task.  So, look for an update and my next prayer on Monday.

So, here is my list of "thanksgiving".
  • I asked my Bible study group for prayer last week and several of these ladies have come back to me to ask how I was doing, and I was so grateful for their prayers, encouragement, and thoughtfulness.  What a joy it is to be a part of the "fellowship of believers."
  • I went out of town last weekend, and I loved the moment that I realized all my family came to pick me up at the airport.
  • We had a family dinner, upon my arrival, and we laughed, and laughed, and laughed.  Even the waitress comment on how happy we were.  
  • My boys went on a fishing trip and they had some great boy-bonding time...and even caught a fish!

  • I've been leading the planning team for the ladies retreat this weekend, and all have to say is that God has been with us every step of the way.  He speaks.  He moves.  He loves.  Can't wait to see what He's got up His sleeve for this weekend!

Lord, thank you for the many ways you have shown yourself to us this week!  My eyes have seen you, my heart feels you, and my ears have heard you.  What a delight it is to be your daughter!  Thank you for your living presence in Alyssa and Kyle's life too.  What a delight to see answered prayers, abundant blessings, and beautiful lives.  Thank you, my precious Savior.  I love you!
 

No comments: