Monday, April 30, 2012

Addictions

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise."  Proverbs 20:1


 My name is Tresa and I'm an addict.

Coffee.

Chocolate.

Food.

Though they are addictions I don't stress about and worry over too much, they can easily become unhealthy habits for me. I'm thankful that drug and alcohol addiction has never been an "issue" in my life.  Oh, how I pray that our kids stay clear of addictions that will mess up their lives.

Lord, protect my babies from harmful addictions that could ruin their relationships, careers, or physical bodies.  Keep these things from having an appeal to even try and experiment with.  Give Alyssa and Kyle courage to say "no" to temptation and peer pressure.  And when they are tempted, help them to stand up under it.  Lord, may you alone be the one thing that fills every empty space in Alyssa and Kyle's lives, and the thing that they hunger and thirst after like no other.  May they taste and see that you are good!

 

No comments: