Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!"  Revelation 19:7

  • Lyssa made us dinner one night.  What a joy it was not to have to cook.  I can't even describe my elation. And it was delicious on top of that. 

  • Kyle had a great baseball tournament this last weekend with his team winning their first two games of the season,and  he ended the weekend with a great batting average.  Weather wise we sat through two very cold games (I'm a good mom, oh yes I am), and then were blessed with two "perfectly" warm games.  "Perfect" because most ball games are either in freezing cold or extremely hot.  Saturday was just right.  Oh how I love spring!

  • Lyssa finished her 120 hour internship so she can graduate in 8 weeks.  We so appreciate our friend Lynn for helping Lyss out and teaching her some interesting things along the way.

  • We had a baseball dinner and silent auction this weekend to raise money for the program.  I'm thankful for Bill and Danna joining us in the fun, and being so competitive at winning a basket and dessert.  And Ken was the winning bidder for this beautiful dessert (shown below...the picture doesn't do it justice because I didn't think to take a picture until we ate half of it!).  I was reminded how thankful I am for our "baseball family" and the dear friends there.  
 Yummy cake, Sharon!

  • And believe it or not, I'm thankful for all the dirty laundry my kids produce because it means they are active and experiencing life.  I'm thankful (sometimes...ha!) for dirty dishes because it means God has provided for our physical needs.  And I try to be thankful for my messy home because it means we are happy, alive, and have a safe place for our family to rest and hangout. 

God is good, and we are richly blessed!

Lord, thank you for the ways you are blessing and working in our lives.  I see you in so many ways, and know you are active in growing up Alyssa and Kyle in to the woman and man you want them to be.  You show us your love and care every day and my heart rejoices.  I give you all the glory and praise.


 

No comments: