Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"I will make them and the area around My hill a blessing: I will send down showers in their season — showers of blessing."  Ezekiel 34:26 HCSB

Photo taken by Lyssa

It's been a week full of God's showers!
  • Lyssa reported that she had a "really fun" Leader's Retreat last weekend, which was an answer to prayer after she announced she was worried about going.  God was with her!
  • Kyle went to a night of bowling with some area churches.  There's something wonderful about the fellowship with other believers.
  • Kyle also got 100% on his CPR exam!  Now he maybe can save a life if needed!
  • Our new puppy still brings us joy.  We found it hard to take him to the vet to get neutered this week.  Thankfully, we had "connections" through someone at church and had trusted care and a nice little discount.  God is good!  Mac was only slowed for one day.
  • Lyssa had a bit of a tough day or two last week and so many stepped in to pray for her, send her encouragement, and her Auntie even took her to lunch and a coffee.  I love that parenting is not a lone "sport." 
  • We've were showered with zucchini, cucumbers, raspberries, and donuts.  A wonderful combination.  Ha.  Every person so thoughtful though.
  • There's just something I love about my boy coming to find me to say good-bye each morning.  It makes my day!
 Yes, God is so good! 

Lord, thank you for your activity all around us and in the lives of our children.  Alyssa and Kyle have had the privilege of your blessing in their lives this week, and I pray that they recognize the good things you've done for them.  Thank you for answering prayer, showering us with your provision, and making a difference in so many ways.  I give you thanks, dear Jesus, for so many blessings.
 
 

No comments: