Saturday, September 7, 2013

Salvation Saturday & Sunday


Being a mom is not for the faint of heart, I tell you!  Why didn't someone share that news with me before I entered the realm of no return?  And the struggles just don't end with potty training and teaching those little hoodlums how to sleep through the night.  Sorry if this is not encouraging news to some of you.  Though I think I do have some good news to share.

Before kids (and even still, though I hate to admit it) I had some pretty big fears about being a mom.  Would my kids grow up to be well adjusted adults?  Could I keep them from drugs, alcohol, smoking and other life-damaging things?  Was I going to teach them well enough to love the Lord or would they walk away from the faith of their parents? Oh how I feared loosing my precious babies to this world.  

So, to "prevent" these fears from becoming realities, over the years I've done things to ensure their safety and protection.  Since Alyssa and Kyle were born we've gone to church, attended play groups, sent them to church camp, and taught them about the Lord from my experiences.  But out of my intense insecurities, I hate to admit, I started writing this blog and even formed a parent prayer group at church.  I figured the more prayer for my kids the better!  I just didn't want to fail at this parenting thing.

In some ways, what I feel like I have failed at is this: trusting God to do His work.  I don't want to negate the importance of praying for my kids, but by golly, I think I need to confess that I need to trust God to do His job too.  He is the One who will do the work in Alyssa and Kyle's lives so that they know and believe in Him, and choose to live their lives according to His design and plan.  Me?  I just get to trust, pray, hope...and watch.  

That's pretty good news!

I hold onto this:   
"He is wooing MY KIDDOS from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction,    to the comfort of your table laden with choice food."  Job 36:16 (NIV)

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in THEM will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."  Philippians 1:6 (NIV)


Oh precious Jesus, I trust you fully.  I trust you with Alyssa and know that you are continually wooing her to yourself. She is your daughter and you hold her in the palm of your hand, and will keep her in the center of your heart.   I also trust you with Kyle's heart and believe with all that I am, that He is your son and you will be calling his name, pursuing him around every corner, and have great plans for his life.  I am confident of this, you HAVE begun a good work in Alyssa and Kyle's lives and YOU will carry it on to completion.  They are yours Precious Savior, not mine.  I will continue to trust you, pray for them, hope with all that I am, and watch your hand at work in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.  This I pray, Amen!

 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thanks. I needed this today.