Monday, September 16, 2013

Circle of Good Friends

Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, “How can I help?”  Romans 15:1-2 (The Message)


Another school week begins!  As my kids head out to their classes today I'm praying for those they cross paths with.  I hope that they are surrounded by people who show them Jesus.

Lyssa went to a retreat this weekend with some peers and adults who live out their faith (picture below).  I loved seeing their goofiness, and know that they each take their walks with the Lord seriously.  I hope she found herself encouraged, and in turn was an encouragement to someone else!



Lord, please surround Alyssa and Kyle with friends and adults who point them towards you.  I pray that they each find encouragement, acceptance and accountability with those they are close to.  In turn, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle are that "good friend" to someone else.  Relationships can help us grow in our faith, and draw us closer to God, and I pray that those kind of friendships are in abundance in my kids lives!  Today, put someone in Alyssa and Kyle's lives that bless their socks off!

 

No comments: