Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Relationship Dealings

"Remind them to... malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.Titus 3:1-2 (NASB)


What happened to my blog post yesterday?  No great reason except that my brain was in a fog from attending Women's Retreat all weekend.  I know, excuses, excuses.  It never even crossed my mind until I was thinking about my phone call with Lyss on Sunday and was praying for her. (Yes, I finally heard from her...its been three weeks since she left for school.)

Lyss has been experiencing some struggles with her new roommates.  Everyone is different and has different ideas on how an apartment should look and run.  Conflicts with other people are a fact of life, yet how we deal with them can reflect if God is an active part of our lives.

My prayer for both of my kids is that they can deal with difficult circumstances and people with kindness, gentleness and love.  It won't always be easy, but with God's help, it's possible.  Speak with love.  Don't ignore.  Forgive easily.

I'm banking that with Him big changes will take place for Lyss and her roommates, and that they will not just "survive" one another, but come to enjoy new friendships.

Lord, you call us to love one another, forgive seventy times seven, and respond with gentleness.  Relationships with other people can sometimes be a challenge and following your plan in the midst of conflict can be harder than it sounds.  Help Alyssa and Kyle as they deal with struggles with other people.  Keep their mind focused on you, and your hopes for their responses.  Extending kindness and grace can sometimes be hard, but with you, dear Jesus, it's possible.  Lord, help Alyssa and Kyle to be peaceable and show consideration to others, even in their disagreements.

 

1 comment:

Ken said...

Amen! Praying with you for our kids' growth. What an amazing parenting partner I have. I am blessed.