Friday, September 20, 2013

I Am the Clay

"The day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, the Lord said to me, ‘Assemble the people before Me, and I will let them hear My words, so that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth and may instruct their children.’"  Deuteronomy 4:10

Photo Credit
Yesterday was the first video in our new Women's Bible Study.  This year we are studying Beth Moore's study "To Live Is Christ" about the life and ministry of Paul.  In the introduction video Beth Moore gave us five learning disabilities in the "Christian Classroom". They are so relevant to my life, and give me pause to think about my personal walk with God, but also my kid's journey with Him.  Maybe you'll find these "disabilities" challenging and encouraging as well.

1.  Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder...This term applies to the person who has troubles paying attention for very long.
2.  Spiritual Hyperactivity...when we can't be still.
3.  Spiritual Dyslexia...when we get things turned upside down or turned around and tend to think we are in charge instead of God.
4.  Vision Impairment...when we don't see God's bigger picture, but only what is closest to us.
5.  Hearing Impairment...when He has a word for us and we turn our back on Him, leading to rebellion.

God wants us to have teachable and pliable hearts, where He is the Potter and we are the clay.  And not the other way around.  So, today, that is my prayer for myself...and my teenagers who sometimes think they know it all. 

Lord, help our hearts to be teachable.  Mold us, dear Jesus, I pray.  Let Alyssa and Kyle hear your words, so that they may learn to fear You.  I pray that they become life-long students of you and your Word.  Make their hearts like yours, dear Jesus!

 

No comments: