Tuesday, January 22, 2013

True Joy

“Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.” Psalm 119:35 (NLT)

I love hearing my family laugh. There is no sweeter sound.

The other night my two boys were laughing so hard they had tears coming out their eyes.  Over and over again they pushed "rewind" on one of the American Idol auditions, and laughed, and laughed and laughed. Take a peek and see if it makes you smile.




Though, I could write a whole other blog on laughing at others, I really want to focus on the spark of joy I saw that night, and the happiness I see in my kids eyes when they laugh from their belly.  I want nothing more than Alyssa and Kyle to love life and find great joy.

What I do know is that having Christ in their life will bring an everlasting and internal joy that is better, deeper, and more sustaining than the laughter that comes from an American Idol audition. My prayer is that as they continue to grow, and live their lives for Him, their happiness won’t be based on something external, but something eternal. May Jesus be their everlasting joy!

Lord, you are the joy of my life, and the prayer of my heart is that you become the joy of Alyssa and Kyle's lives. I pray that they find many things that bring them laughter and joy on a daily basis. Bring friends into their lives that make them smile. Even provide moments of joy and laughter around the dinner table. May Alyssa and Kyle never take life too seriously, and giggle even at the little things. Above all, with you living in them, may they have joy in their inner beings…deep inside who they are. May my children’s hearts shine You, and may their smiles reflect the joy that only comes from You, their God and Savior.

 

No comments: