Monday, January 7, 2013

No More, No Less


“You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less...Matthew 5:5


I love my kids! I love how God has uniquely made each one.  

I love Alyssa's humor, her strong conviction, and her creativity.  While on the other hand, I love Kyle's tenderness, his loyalty, and his discipline and determination.  Both just so special in who God created them to be.


But I'm sure there are things that Alyssa and Kyle don't like about themselves.  Isn't that just how we humans are?  

My prayer is that my children become content with who they are...
No more, no less. 

Lord, you have fearfully and wonderfully made Alyssa and Kyle, and I pray that they know that full well.  Teach them to be content in who you have made them to be.  I pray that they even revel in the gifts you've given them, the talents they have, and the plans you have for their lives.  May what they do with who you've made them, always bring you glory! 

(Pictures taken in 2009) 

 

No comments: