Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hope


"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

Hope.

I watch the news,
see the hurt in the lives of people around me,
and wonder what the future holds.

Our world needs hope.
I need hope.
Our children need hope.

"When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way..." Psalm 142:3

Hope for today.
In seeking real joy,
In building relationships,
In the struggles of school,
And living in the expectation of others.

Hope for tomorrow.
In jobs, relationships, finances, and dreams.

Hope.

Without hope our children won't live the lives God has in store for them.
He alone is our hope.

So hold onto Him, my babies!


Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle find their true hope in you. When they are discouraged and all seems lost, I pray that they will recall and bring to mind that it is you who makes the world right, brings their spirit peace, and can fill them with an inexplainable joy. No matter their circumstances, remind Alyssa and Kyle, that their hope comes from you alone. May they always put their trust in you, as their Savior and Lord.


No comments: