Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you."  1 Samuel 12:24


So many great things from the Lord each day this week:
  • Women's Bible study returned from Christmas break on Thursday. It was a great way to start the new year!  It's sad that our journey through James is coming to an end so soon.
  • Friday was movie night with the family. Oh how I love these people that God has placed in my life!
  • Time to take down Christmas decorations on Saturday, ending the day in a family outing with a gift certificate to our favorite steak house, and began a puzzle (picture above).
  • Sunday prayer time with two special ladies and the peace that falls as we pray for the youth of our church.
  • Monday is our date day and we had Lyss (home from college still) tagging along.  After lunch we went to the thrift store, and Lyss and her dad laugh through the entire store.  The day was topped off with a dinner with friends who moved away 11 years ago, and 5 other families.  Friendships that last over time are a blessing.
  • Tuesday I met a friend for coffee.  So thankful for those in my life that I can lean on, encourage in return, and journey this life together with.
  • On Wednesday, Lyss did her second baby photo shoot this week, and has two more jobs before she heads home on Saturday.  I love watching her joy as she finds her favorites in the batch of 500-600 shots she has taken.  She has a great eye for capturing the personality of her "client" (picture below).  Fun to see the outcome of her time and effort!  If you're on facebook you can see her pictures here.

Lord, as I considered all the great things you have done for me, I find myself in awe and my heart full of thanksgiving.  You have blessed my family indeed! Thank you for the ways you're growing up Alyssa and Kyle to be servants and followers of you.  Precious Savior, I stand in awe of your work and gifts today!

 

No comments: