Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

"For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess."  Deuteronomy 30:16


I'm reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp with some of the gals in my church.  I'm very struck/convicted by how difficult it is for me to remember to be thankful in the moment.  At the end of the day, if purposeful, I can look back one the many things God has blessed my life with, but if I am not purposeful then my mind fails to take notice and I easily turn to grumbling and complaining.  Some Thursdays I come to this post on the things I want to give God thanks for, but I have easily forgotten them and struggle to figure out what to write. 

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that God is at work in my life, and in the lives of my kids.  Why do I so easily forget?  Lord, help me to remember your blessing.

New Associate Pastors joining our team.
Lyssa's successful, but painful wisdom teeth surgery.
Thankful for pain medications and antibiotics.
Kyle was picked from his baseball team to participate in the All-Star game.
A group of church members joining together to help move in new friends.
Then their circling around Ken and I for prayer.
Friends coming to watch Kyle's games.
Sunshade to relieve us in the heat.
Even our business meeting at church (weird, I know)...
Much laughter and care for one another.

Much blessing for sure!

Lord, you shower us with so many gifts.  Through those things I am reminded of your power, love, and wisdom and my heart cries out with thanks.  Daily I see your hand in our lives!  Thank you for growing up Alyssa and Kyle in beautiful fashion, giving them healthy bodies and strong minds.  You are the giver of their lives, and each day that they live and breathe, and I want to stop and give you praise.  Lord, teach us to be mindful of the gifts you shower us with.  Train our minds to be alert and aware of your moving and providing.  May joy fill our minds, hearts, and mouths as we practice recognizing your presence with us!  You are good, so good, and I thank you for all the blessing that comes from you.

 

No comments: