Friday, July 13, 2012

Boo-Boos and Owies

"This sickness is not fatal. It will become an occasion to show God's glory by glorifying God's Son."  John 11:4

 Kyle with a broken wrist (2011)

I remember fevers panicking this new mom,
Boo-boos on the knees and tears that needed comfort,
A broken finger before the first day of kindergarten,
A black eye from a baseball collision,
Raspberries from sliding into second base,
Or a broken wrist from trying to be safe at home plate.
Yesterday, it was oral surgery to remove four wisdom teeth.

Boo-boos, owies, and not-feeling-so-good moments.

A mom just hates to see her babies not feeling good or experiencing pain.  God doesn't promise me that they will never be harmed or free from illness.  I've been fully aware recently how fragile life truly is.  I'm praying for health and protection, and that in those occasions of sickness or hurt that they (and I) allow them show God's glory through our lives.

Lord, thank you for the health you have blessed Alyssa and Kyle with.  You have given them strong minds and bodies that can be used to show your glory.  Through the years you have provided much protection and healing and I give you thanks.  I ask, Father, that you continue to walk beside Alyssa and Kyle, giving them healing from sickness and protection from harm.  I am thankful for the life you give day after day. 

 

No comments: