Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Better Kind of Addiction

"Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water."  Hebrews 10:22



My daughter has this crazy addiction.  She can't have enough of the little sanitizing hand gels from Bath & Body Works.  I'm sure it will take her the next ten years to use the stash she already owns.  I'm not sure if its a fascination of having clean hands or the temptation of wonderful smells.  Either way she gets both I guess.  

I guess hand gel can give a good cleaning, but so can a good wash with soap and water.  They can clean our hands well.  However, only one thing can cleanse our hearts.  I'm afraid all the Bath & Body gel in the world won't get that job done. Only Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ alone washes away our sins, makes us clean, and makes our hearts new.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle accepts the gift of His salvation, and have confidence in knowing that their hearts are cleansed by Him. What joy He alone will bring.

And I can guarantee this:  He is such a better addiction than Bath & Body hand gel. 

Lord, create in Alyssa and Kyle a pure heart, 
  and renew a steadfast spirit within them.
Do not cast
Alyssa and Kyle from your presence
   or take your Holy Spirit from them.
Restore to
Alyssa and Kyle the joy of your salvation
   and grant them a willing spirit, to sustain them.
(Psalm 51:10-12)
 
 

No comments: