Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday...Rejoicing!

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice."  1 Chronicles 16:10

 Photo taken by Lyss
Rejoicing...
In Lyssa's trip for college scholarship interviews last weekend.  She went, she interviewed, she lived the college life for a couple of days, and she came home safely.  God was watching over her.  We look forward to watching God' leading and providing, trusting that He's done good so far!

Rejoicing...
In the joy on Kyle's face as he goes to school and comes home after a great day.  He is thriving in the new environment and seems to enjoy learning to a new degree.  Picking out new classes for next year was like opening Christmas presents.  So many fun choices.  Now I'm just wondering where God is leading him for a future career.  

Rejoicing...
In my love for being a part of ministry to the women of our church.  Planning our upcoming retreat is full of God sightings, a fun night of laughter exchanging Secret Sisters, and leading Women's Bible study last week found me reveling in how I love seeing God's hand in those moments and in awe of how He uses me sometimes.  I often feel so inadequate, but over and over again, I am blessed by God's work!

Rejoicing...
In my Sunday night prayer group.  It's small but mighty.  God has brought me through a time of real anger, bitterness, and disappointment over the "success" of this ministry, and filled me instead with a contentment to be where I'm at no matter how it looks to my naked and natural eye. Because supernaturally it looks totally different.

Glory in your holy name!

Lord, let the hearts of those who seek the you rejoice!  I'm rejoicing in so many things you have been doing in our lives.  You are continually at work changing my life, and the lives of our kids, as you draw them nearer to yourself.  I surrender every detail, in the present and future, to be under your control, trusting that you know what is best for our lives.  Through your power may our lives bring glory to your holy name!  Today I rejoice in you!

 

No comments: