Friday, February 24, 2012

Not the Bat

"In everything he did he had great success, because the Lord was with him."  1 Samuel 18:14

Kyle and his new bat (2012)

Today and tomorrow Kyle has his first high school baseball tryouts.  I always pray for Kyle's success in everything he does, but today I'm just praying for this great opportunity he has. I think I'm more nervous that he is.  Ha!

But this I know...I know that it is God who will give him success today.
And I think Kyle knows that too!

Trust God, my dear son!
It's all Him...
and not that new bat you're going to swing!

Oh Lord, our God, I know and believe that in everything our children do, they will have great success, because you are with them.  Today, help Kyle to be confident that you are his strength.  May he trust in you with all of his heart, and that whatever the outcome, it is part of your ultimate plan.  In the moments that fear becomes overwhelming, I pray that he prays to you and finds your peace that passes all understanding.  We love you, dear Jesus, and trust you with all that this day holds.


 

No comments: