Monday, December 9, 2013

Today

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

 Lamentations 3:22-24



Another week begins.  I'm trying to not be consumed by my to-do list and schedule, and talking with Lyss last night, I know she is in the same boat as she concludes her semester in college.

Today, I will live in peace. 
Today, God's compassion won't fail.
Today, He is my portion.
Today, I will wait on Him.

Lord, because of your great love we are not consumed, for your compassions never fail.  They are new today, even in the busyness and stress of the season.  Great is your faithfulness, Savior!  I will continue to remind myself that you are my portion and I will wait for you.  May the same be true for Alyssa and Kyle today.  Be their strength as this new day and new week begin.  Be Alyssa and Kyle's portion as they wait on you.

 
 

No comments: