Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cheerful Givers

"God loves it when the giver delights in the giving."  2 Corinthians 9:7

 Christmas 2007

I'm done with my shopping and wrapping.  YEAH!  Now I can sit back and enjoy the season.  (Except the packing and cleaning up before we go "over the river and through the woods" to Grammy and Papa's house.)

I find I put such pressure on myself at Christmas to buy or give just the right gift and by the time everything is wrapped I'm re-thinking my decisions.  Am I giving something that the recipient will love?  Will they know the thought behind the gift?  And then I fret, second-guess, and debate with myself.  I love to give, but I have to get over the worry part of it.

I pray that my kids love find joy in giving to others and not look at it as something that they "have" to do because its expected.  I also pray that they accept the gifts they receive with the heart they were given in.  Giving and receiving should both be a delight!

Lord, thank you for the gifts of this season and the joy it is to give to others.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to be cheerful and generous givers.  You love it when the giver delights in the giving to others.  I also pray that Alyssa and Kyle appreciate the generous and thoughtful gift of others, remembering that people give out of love for them.  Jesus, that you for the ultimate gift of your Son and the reason we celebrate at Christmas!

 

No comments: