Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills, the trees of the field—all the world around you—will rejoice."  Isaiah 55:12 (Living Bible)




Last weekend we had the fun opportunity to travel to St. George, Utah.  I wish my camera could capture the beauty of the mountains surrounding the area.  The bright red is just glorious, almost as if shouting praise to the Creator!  Somehow taking in His creation makes me want to praise Him too!

It's been a good week...

  • A baseball opportunity for Kyle in Utah.  Amazing to think scouts were there checking out the boys and their talent.  I almost wanted to shout at the top of my lungs when he hit a double, or made a great play outfield, but it just didn't seem appropriate at this level.  Ha.
  • Time with my boys was priceless.  We just missed Lyss and sent her pictures of our yummy In & Out burger to make her jealous.
  • Safe travels is always a worthy thing to thank the Lord for.  A 1,300 mile trip in a van with 209,000 and no problems is something to revel in. 
  • Sunny and warm 77 degree weather in October was pretty nice.
  • Because of our last minute trip we missed our church's Pastor Appreciation day, but still we came home to lots of love.  Words cannot express what the thoughtfulness of our church family means, and so I almost avoid saying anything fearing that I would somehow come across as expectant, prideful or deserving.  I just stand in awe of people's graciousness and kindness to us.  God has blessed us with a wonderful church family and I think that is why we love ministry so much.
That just seems like a good place to stop and say "thank you, dear Jesus!"  I rejoice in His goodness!

Lord, you are so good.  I can't say thank you enough for the many ways I've seen you evident in our lives this week. We're spoiled beyond words, and feels so loved and cared for.  Thank you for being such a gracious giver to Alyssa and Kyle.  I pray that they know and recognize the beauty you give to their lives!

 

No comments: