Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Jesus, my Lord,
my God,
my All


I'm so thankful for you.  This week you have been present with me in so many ways.  

You were with me in the conversation I had with my boy.  You were the giver of wisdom and patience in the moments I had none.  I felt you in the precious moment of tenderness with a grown teenager who often thinks I'm a nuisance.  My heart reveled in your touch...making beauty out of trials.

You were with me as I worried about my daughter.  You gently reminded me to trust you and hand her over to your care.  I rejoiced in the chance to talk to her, smiled at her text (even in the middle of the night), and recognize the ways you're growing her up to be strong in you.  Thank you, sweet Jesus, for watching over her.

You were with me as I prayed for a hurting friend,
as I listened to my boy recount his sports evaluation,
when I finally got to put in my new contact and could see,
while I sought answers to a problem,
and faced potential conflict.

I saw you in the smile on my daughter's face, 
heard you in the voice of a unplanned phone call
and felt you in the quiet of doing my Women's Bible study.

Thank you, precious Savior, for your Lordship in my life.
I know you're also Lord of Alyssa and Kyle, 
and you own their hearts.  
I will continually give them to you!

Jesus, my Lord,
my God,
my All


 

No comments: